SOLFEGE & FOLKSONG
Bye, Baby Bunting
Review the Song, Solfege Practice
Prep and Materials: Lesson Overview:
– “Bye, Baby Bunting”, 150 American Folk Songs (p. 4, #7) La, Sol, Mi – Comfortable Starting Pitch: A
– Solfege Flash Cards, (use flash cards to remind yourself how to do the hand signs)
– Bye, Baby Bunting Notation from week 5
- Preview: Videos if needed
- Print: Solfege Hand Signs Flash Cards ( if needed – this lesson you can use these for your own reference)
- Print: Solfege Ladder and Bye, Baby Bunting Notation ( if you don’t have them from week 4 and 5)
- Advanced Students: Watch Part 3
- Starting pitch(note) for singing if you don’t have a piano: use this link!
Part One: Review the Song
Part Two: Solfege Lesson
Here are the components included in the Video :
- Review the Modulator or Solfege ladder
- Figure out the Solfege for Bye Baby Bunting -Echo with my daughter
Part 3: Intermediate/ Advanced extension All older students need to learn how to use the solfege notation in the video here this week please.
This is a simplified notation that can assist with Sight singing, so although it might seem simple to an advanced student, please have them learn how to read this musical notation! It will get harder as the years go on. So it’s important to have a solid foundation.